EXAM. The word invokes hopelessness and anxiety. But that is not true for all of us. Some of us are so adept to the exam pressure that living under duress becomes our way of life. And if the exam, which we are preparing for, is cancelled or postponed, our lives go tumbling down the hill. Today I will share some of the things that you might go through during this phase. If you’re one of those hapless fellows whose single-direction-running-track has been remoulded into a circle, this one is for you.
Here are some of the situations that you might encounter:
- Hyper-Breakdown-Activity-Paralysis – This might not be an actual medical condition but if you just try it passionately, it could be. This is a ‘state of being when you don’t know what to do because ‘everything that you stood for’ decided to make a run for it.
- Readmission to social media – Don’t be afraid. Things are still the same. They won’t hurt you. All they want is a like and subscribe. Don’t interact. I repeat, don’t interact.
- That thing called TV – You might remember it from your childhood. They still show the same mindless stuff, and some good music. You will get used to it.
- The 24 hour paradox – Yes, there are 24 hours in a day. You might not have realised that earlier but now you know that the threat is real. Every second, a 1000 millisecond long, will make itself count just like a 3 minute Justin Bieber video; you wish it would end but it wouldn’t.
- To study or not to study – Given your history with examinations and success you want to study. But the exam date has shifted and there is ample of time. What else can you do? After hours of critical thinking you will narrow it down to ‘studies’. But then, there is ample of time. And by the time you could make a decision the day is gone and the night, long.
- Sleepomnia – Ignore the person who says this is not an actual word. If you’re sleeping most of the time because of your inability to blend in with normal people, you’re suffering from sleepomnia. That’s it!
REMEDIES (Yes, this is not the end of world) :
- Netflix and chill.
- Read ‘Getting Back to Civilisation’.
- Watch ‘Game of Thrones’ and chill.
- Make contact with the outer world(at your own risk).
- Go out with friends and chill.
- Learn to play an instrument.
- Do anything and chill.
#Note – It is summer time. The ‘chilling’ part is important.