Name : American Dreams
Author : Siddharth Joshi
Pages : 255
Genre : Fiction
Source : Author
Story : 3.5/5
Cover : 4/5
Writing style : 3.5/5
Dialogues : 4/5
Theme : 4/5
Overall : 3.5/5
- Dan getting his ticket booked in economy class,rather first class,just to stay with Balraman.
- Tamil slang for friend ‘Machan’.
- Old man speaking in his sleep.
- Line ‘capable of generating their own oil’,describing the extent of oil present in Balraman’s hair.
- The pathetic condition of the apartment,they were going to stay in.
- The name of the organization ‘Diamonds in the Rough.’
- Mattresses near the dumpster.
- A matured attitude of Balraman over his adjustment in a new place and always trying to calm down Dan who is in a real haste.
- Dan’s suspicious nature whenever he looks at someone or something freaky.
Katie’s View :
The author in his book, deals with the journey of two friends,one belonging to a middle class family and other from a high profiled family,all the way to America.Dan who always wanted to be an American,initially hated to be there. Author also describes,that how the land of opportunities i.e. is America, is a combination of both hell and heaven.He also describes how they come across many new things and after many struggles have a happy ending.
Reviewed By HARSHITA PATWA